Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Input not registered when using a non-English keyboard layout on Linux
1. Open project "case_1330732.zip"
2. Open Scene "SampleScene"
3. Install non-English keyboard layout
4. Use installed non-English keyboard layout
5. Enter Play Mode
6. Press keyboard button "d"
Expected result: Character moves right
Actual result: Character doesn't move at all
Reproducible with: 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.11f1, 2021.1.11f1, 2021.2.0a20
Could not reproduce with: 2018.4.36f1 (Script doesn't work)
Jul 09, 2021 10:48
I am observing this issue for many years on several Unity-based games: Rimworld, Stardew Valley, Oxygen Not Included. It always manifests itself if the game was started while being switched into Russian keyboard layout. Does not matter if I switch back to English while in game, if I switch out from game (Alt+Tab) and return into it. Only restarting helps, making sure the launch context is with English layout on.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"
- Pausing a Visual Effect doesn't pause the “Multiply size over life” effect in the Update Block
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in version 2022.1.0a14
Under Edit > Project Settings... > Input Manager the option Use Physical Keys needs to be checked for the keys to behave correctly.
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in version 2020.3.23f1