Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X
Input Field editing is disabled in a built project when navigating in and out of Desktop using Win + D
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached "win_d_text_input_disabled.zip" project
2. Build and run the project in windowed mode
3. Make sure that all other programs are minimized and press Win + D to navigate to the desktop
4. One more time press Win + D to navigate back to the program and try to edit the input field
Expected result: The input field is interactive
Actual result: The input field is disabled
Reproducible: 2017.4.29f1, 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.8f1, 2019.2.0b8, 2019.3.0a8
Note: This is a follow-up to 1117930, but instead of all Canvas elements, only input fields are affected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux][Plastic SCM] Unity Version Control window text is replaced by the key names of the labels and buttons
- [Android] Unstable FPS on a Player with an empty URP Scene when launched on Samsung S9
- Profiler fails to pull data from the Player when Building And Running a development build
- ARM64 build fails when Script Debugging is enabled
- LOD Group Component Meshes do not change when the Scene view is closed
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
This issue is basically the same problem as case: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/canvas-elements-are-disabled-in-the-build-project-when-navigating-in-and-out-of-desktop-by-using-win-plus-d, in which the fix for that bug was incomplete.
Apparently, Windows also fails to send the WM_SETFOCUS message to the window when restoring a single app via the WIN+D shortcut...*sigh*
The workaround for this case is to call SetFocus when the Player is activated, ensuring a WM_SETFOCUS message is dispatched.