Search Issue Tracker
Input.GetKeyUp and Input.GetKeyDown always Return False when used in the Coroutine with WaitForEndOfFrame Return type
How to reproduce:
1. Open "SampleScene" Scene in the attached "UnityTest.zip" Project
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Press Spacebar on the Keyboard
4. Observe the numbers next to "OnUpdate" and "OnEndOfFrame" in the Game View
Expected Behavior: The Coroutine with WaitForEndOfFrame Return type recognizes the Input and the number next to "OnEndOfFrame" is Incremented
Actual Behavior: The Input Returns false in The Coroutine with WaitForEndOfFrame Return type and the number is not Incremented
Reproducible with: 2017.4.21f1, 2018.3.7f1, 2019.1.0b4, 2019.2.0a6
Note: The Input.GetKey works perfectly. You can see that the Coroutine that Returns "null" recognizes the Input and Increments the value next to the "OnUpdate" in the Game View. The issue is only present in the Editor, the Build behaves as expected. The code is in the "TextInputEndOfFrame.cs".
We really appreciate your contribution to the Unity product. Thank you for reporting this issue. We take every case submitted to us seriously by investigating the impact on you, our customer, as well as the impact it may have on the engineering and experience of our product. This particular case has been investigated thoroughly and we have decided, in the interests of protecting the stability and features of Unity for users that rely upon the affected versions, to not address this issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- EditorGUILayout.PropertyField does not work for Vector4
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes