Search Issue Tracker
Input.GetKeyUp and Input.GetKeyDown always Return False when used in the Coroutine with WaitForEndOfFrame Return type
How to reproduce:
1. Open "SampleScene" Scene in the attached "UnityTest.zip" Project
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Press Spacebar on the Keyboard
4. Observe the numbers next to "OnUpdate" and "OnEndOfFrame" in the Game View
Expected Behavior: The Coroutine with WaitForEndOfFrame Return type recognizes the Input and the number next to "OnEndOfFrame" is Incremented
Actual Behavior: The Input Returns false in The Coroutine with WaitForEndOfFrame Return type and the number is not Incremented
Reproducible with: 2017.4.21f1, 2018.3.7f1, 2019.1.0b4, 2019.2.0a6
Note: The Input.GetKey works perfectly. You can see that the Coroutine that Returns "null" recognizes the Input and Increments the value next to the "OnUpdate" in the Game View. The issue is only present in the Editor, the Build behaves as expected. The code is in the "TextInputEndOfFrame.cs".
We really appreciate your contribution to the Unity product. Thank you for reporting this issue. We take every case submitted to us seriously by investigating the impact on you, our customer, as well as the impact it may have on the engineering and experience of our product. This particular case has been investigated thoroughly and we have decided, in the interests of protecting the stability and features of Unity for users that rely upon the affected versions, to not address this issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS][Editor]Legacy Launch Images iPhone 6.5 Landscape resolution mislabelled in Player Settings/Splash Image
- Memory leaks and Editor crashes/freezes when using decimal values in Gizmos
- Crash on PhysicsScene::ProcessTriggerEnterExits when splitting meshes that also exit a Trigger with OnTriggerExit
- "The page you were looking for doesn't exist" message appears when trying to Sign in using Unity Hub/Editor
- [Regression] Enviroment lighting is broken in the 2017.4.27f1 version