Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Duplicate in 2021.3.X
Infinite loop not detected when importing ShaderGraph assets
Postprocessing materials and ShaderGraph assets can cause an infinite loop, where the same patch of assets is repeatedly imported and post processed.
The AssetDatabase has infinite loop detection for these sorts of scenarios, but the hashing is non-deterministic, so it can fail to detect that the same assets are being repeatedly imported.
The bug can be reproduced by simply opening the attached project.
I also have a native test 'PostProcess_InfiniteLoop_Checking_IsDeterministic' to verify the behaviour at a smaller scale.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open project
- Project opens successfully - maybe with errors/warnings in the console
- Project gets stuck in importing.
- The text 'Importing (iteration xxx)' in the progress bar will keep increasing the iteration number into the hundreds and thousands while importing .mat and .shadergraph assets
- Kill the Unity process and attempt to open the project again
Reproduces on: 2021.2.0b18, 2021.2.2f1, 2022.1.0a14
Not reproduces: 2020.3.22f1
Note: please use both stripped and full project for verification (both can be found in the comment)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator