Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
Incorrect mesh rotation transforms when importing FBX files from 3ds Max to Unity
Steps to reproduce
1. Download the attached project (3dsMaxImportBug)
2. Open TestScene01
3. Notice how the meshes both in the viewport and project panel have incorrect rotation transforms
4. Navigate to Assets > Meshes and open FabricRoundCombined.FBX in a 3D modeling package
5. Notice that the mesh is now properly rotated
When exporting FBX files from 3ds Max to Unity, meshes should have correct rotation transforms both in the project view thumbnail and when imported into the scene.
Meshes instead display inconsistent behavior and are often flipped.
This issue has been observed in Unity 5.6.5p1, 2017.3.1p2, and 2018.1.0b6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The "Materials" tab in the Inspector window is empty when inspecting an imported .fbx file
- Using the Reset() context menu option on a Scriptable Object clears its name property in the Inspector window
- [OSX] Unity beachballs when coming out of sleep
- [Android, iOS][Touch] Touch is 1-2 frames late
- [XR] InputDebugger does not update consistently to reflect movement or interaction