Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
Fixed in 2018.1
Incorrect mesh rotation transforms when importing FBX files from 3ds Max to Unity
Steps to reproduce
1. Download the attached project (3dsMaxImportBug)
2. Open TestScene01
3. Notice how the meshes both in the viewport and project panel have incorrect rotation transforms
4. Navigate to Assets > Meshes and open FabricRoundCombined.FBX in a 3D modeling package
5. Notice that the mesh is now properly rotated
When exporting FBX files from 3ds Max to Unity, meshes should have correct rotation transforms both in the project view thumbnail and when imported into the scene.
Meshes instead display inconsistent behavior and are often flipped.
This issue has been observed in Unity 5.6.5p1, 2017.3.1p2, and 2018.1.0b6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sub-header styling for components in the Inspector
- [Graphview] click-drag select on input field that ends outside of the field deselects when left mouse button is released
- Animation and Animator windows have some styling issues
- Some previews needs to be restyled
- PreviewRenderUtility.camera.backgroundColor doesn't have any effect on the preview window