Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Included shader dependencies are not recompiled when performing hot reload and the include statement is excluded using keywords
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project named "RecompileCheck.zip"
2. Open the Test shader file
3. Observe the #if defined statements at line 24 and 26
4. Open the "foo" include file
5. Add random symbols to cause a compilation error and save the file
6. Select the NewMaterial 1 in the Project window
Expected results: An error is thrown indicating the faulty code fragment
Actual results: No compilation errors are thrown until the project Library is cleared or #if defined statement is removed
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a15, 2021.2.0a17
Could not test with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.26f1, 2020.3.8f1, 2021.1.7f1, 2021.2.0a14(Attached project is missing references)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- Modifying Rigidbody2D.position doesn't stop interpolation when called during the FixedUpdate callback.
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build
- Live Profiler Timeline keeps losing frame data while scrolling inside Profiler window
- Input.mouseScrollDelta.y is not correctly mapped to mouse wheel when running an iOS app on Apple Silicon Mac