Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
In Unity 5.x two pass transparent shader fills depth buffer different than in 4.x.
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project in Unity 4.x and the only scene in it.
2. Observe first pass writes to the depth buffer, so non of the inner parts can be seen.
3. Open the same project in Unity 5.x
4. Notice, that now inner parts can be seen even the same "Transparent/Diffuse ZWrite" shader is used.
Expected behavior: In Unity 5.x release "Transparent/Diffuse ZWrite" shader fills depth buffer same as in 4.x.
Actual behavior: Compared to 4.x writing to depth buffer in Unity 5.x is very different.
Reproducible: 5.5.0a5, 5.4.0f3, 5.3.6p2, 5.2.4f1
Not reproduced: 4.7.2f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Error of NullReferenceException and black screen appears when opening new project in 2019.2.10f1 version
- [Vulkan] Wrong aspect ratio in fullscreen of Standalone build when selected screen resolution is not native
- [iOS 12] [Metal] IOAF code 4 error freeze because of tessellation shader
- 'A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing' error is thrown when importing package with Terrain Asset with Trees
- [Mac] Crash on ioAccelResourceListAddNewGroupAndResource when importing a large COLLADA model