Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
In Unity 5.x two pass transparent shader fills depth buffer different than in 4.x.
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project in Unity 4.x and the only scene in it.
2. Observe first pass writes to the depth buffer, so non of the inner parts can be seen.
3. Open the same project in Unity 5.x
4. Notice, that now inner parts can be seen even the same "Transparent/Diffuse ZWrite" shader is used.
Expected behavior: In Unity 5.x release "Transparent/Diffuse ZWrite" shader fills depth buffer same as in 4.x.
Actual behavior: Compared to 4.x writing to depth buffer in Unity 5.x is very different.
Reproducible: 5.5.0a5, 5.4.0f3, 5.3.6p2, 5.2.4f1
Not reproduced: 4.7.2f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- A Parser Failure error is thrown after importing a specific Animation file to a Unity project