Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
In Unity 5.x two pass transparent shader fills depth buffer different than in 4.x.
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project in Unity 4.x and the only scene in it.
2. Observe first pass writes to the depth buffer, so non of the inner parts can be seen.
3. Open the same project in Unity 5.x
4. Notice, that now inner parts can be seen even the same "Transparent/Diffuse ZWrite" shader is used.
Expected behavior: In Unity 5.x release "Transparent/Diffuse ZWrite" shader fills depth buffer same as in 4.x.
Actual behavior: Compared to 4.x writing to depth buffer in Unity 5.x is very different.
Reproducible: 5.5.0a5, 5.4.0f3, 5.3.6p2, 5.2.4f1
Not reproduced: 4.7.2f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on EditorOnlyPlayerSettings::GetDefaultTextureCompressionFormat when switching or opening a specific project with Android or IOS Platform
- [Mobile] Player silently crashes on a mobile device when using a lot of "Camera" GameObjects (40 and more) in the Scene
- Scene is modified after exiting Play Mode when Graphics Compositor is enabled in HD RP
- Shortcuts inconsistently trigger when they have a conflict with the same Command
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages