Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
In Unity 5.x two pass transparent shader fills depth buffer different than in 4.x.
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project in Unity 4.x and the only scene in it.
2. Observe first pass writes to the depth buffer, so non of the inner parts can be seen.
3. Open the same project in Unity 5.x
4. Notice, that now inner parts can be seen even the same "Transparent/Diffuse ZWrite" shader is used.
Expected behavior: In Unity 5.x release "Transparent/Diffuse ZWrite" shader fills depth buffer same as in 4.x.
Actual behavior: Compared to 4.x writing to depth buffer in Unity 5.x is very different.
Reproducible: 5.5.0a5, 5.4.0f3, 5.3.6p2, 5.2.4f1
Not reproduced: 4.7.2f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released