Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
In Unity 5.x two pass transparent shader fills depth buffer different than in 4.x.
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project in Unity 4.x and the only scene in it.
2. Observe first pass writes to the depth buffer, so non of the inner parts can be seen.
3. Open the same project in Unity 5.x
4. Notice, that now inner parts can be seen even the same "Transparent/Diffuse ZWrite" shader is used.
Expected behavior: In Unity 5.x release "Transparent/Diffuse ZWrite" shader fills depth buffer same as in 4.x.
Actual behavior: Compared to 4.x writing to depth buffer in Unity 5.x is very different.
Reproducible: 5.5.0a5, 5.4.0f3, 5.3.6p2, 5.2.4f1
Not reproduced: 4.7.2f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Construct matrix block disappears, and other bugs and exceptions related to it show when opening/running project
- New browser tab is not created when trying to open Package Manager hyperlinks by holding the Ctrl key and pressing the left mouse button
- [Mobile] NavigationSubmitEvent is not being triggered when the submit button is pressed on a mobile keyboard
- Materials render incorrect color when using the "require native16bit" pragma directive
- GUIUtility.hotControl controlID value does not change when clicking with the Left Mouse Button