Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
In Profiler, Terrain.UpdateTreeBillboardTexture call takes up performance even when no billboard models in the scene are present
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "TreeBillboardTest.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Open Profiler Window, make sure it is recording the Editor
4. Wait for the camera to rotate a few times
5. In Profiler window, search for Terrain.UpdateTreeBillboardTexture
Expected result: Terrain.UpdateTreeBillboardTexture is not present or takes no resources because there are no billboard models in the scene
Actual result: Terrain.UpdateTreeBillboardTexture is present
Reproducible with: 2018.4.13f1, 2019.2.13f1, 2019.3.0b11, 2020.1.0a14
Could not test with: 2017.4.35f1 (Terrain.UpdateTreeBillboardTexture is not present in the Profiler)
Jul 27, 2020 15:24
I confirm this issue as well.
Dec 20, 2019 22:41
I am also having this issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Verified in: 2020.2.0a4
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):