Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
Importing large 32bit cubemap with max size set on 8192 throws Overflow in memory allocator
1. Open project attached by the user
2. Select game object "skybox_32bit" and in inspector set its texture shape to cube and max size to 8192
3. Click apply
Expected result: Applying is done correctly without any errors.
Actual result: Error : Overflow in memory allocator. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()
Reproduced on : 5.5.0f3, 5.6.0p1, 2017.1.0b2
On versions 5.4.x and earlier editor simply freezes.
Note: this only happens when importing large skybox. Importing a low-resolution skybox with same settings is done correctly.
Fixed in 2017.3.0a2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TilemapRenderer sorting order is not consistent with different images
- [Shape] Investigate possibility of decreasing the min shape emitter size below 0.01
- "Cancelling DisplayDialog.." error is being thrown when entering the play mode after AssetBundle.Unload(false)
- Unable to pause AudioListener via UI button
- [iOS] Crash in 'main(argc=1, argv=0x000000016fd8f998) at main.mm:33' when microphone permissions are toggled manually