Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0f3
Importing a package in Force Text Asset Serialization Mode that was exported in Mixed Mode results bad string variables
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Go to Edit -> Project Settings -> Editor and set the Asset Serialization Mode to Force Text.
3. Import the Package.unitypackage from the attached project "AssetSerializationBug.zip".
4. Open the scene "Example".
5. Select MainCamera and notice how string variables become gibberish. The script attached to it was exported in mixed asset serialization mode and was "Hello World!"
Expected result: The strings variables should not become gibberish
Actual result: The string variables become gibberish
The bug does not occur with 5.6 or more recent
Reproducible with: 5.2.4f1, 5.3.5f1, 5.4.0b22, 5.4.5p2, 5.5.3p3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Universal RP] Missing Camera cannot be removed from Camera Stack after scene is saved
- Game View focus is lost when entering Play mode with maximized Game View (either by Shift+Space or options->Maximize)
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- [iOS] [IL2CPP] crash on il2cpp::os::Image::Initialize() on Application launch
- [iOS] crash when Notification with Data parameter set to null is pushed due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'