Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.2.X, 2018.3.X
[IL2CPP] Unity Editor fails to build when auto-generating a C# array of pointers in C
1. Download attached project "IL2CPPArrayOfPointersBug.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Press File > Build Settings...
4. Press Player Settings... and change Scripting Backend to IL2CPP
5. Press Build button
Expected result: Unity Editor successfully builds project
Actual result: Unity Editor fails to build project
- This issue appears on Windows and OSX
- This issue appears on Standalone, Android, and iOS
- With Mono, everything works fine
- BugRepro is unsafe C# code that contains an array of pointers
- I believe the issue is that the field type generated when accessing the array of pointers is of type "intPtr_t", when it should be of type "ExampleStruct*"
Reproduced on Unity 2017.2.3p4, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.4.11f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.8f1, 2018.3.0b2 and 2019.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Shadergraph] Can't create multiple Boolean or Enum keywords
- DirectX12 crash when re-importing a large number of assets
- Scene view Camera's orientation can't be changed when pressing Scene Gizmo with the Hand Tool
- Prefab script field reference is lost when project is upgraded
- Changing Windows text size will cause grey bars to appear around the game view