Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1
Fixed in 2018.2, 2018.3
[IL2CPP] Unity Editor fails to build when auto-generating a C# array of pointers in C
1. Download attached project "IL2CPPArrayOfPointersBug.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Press File > Build Settings...
4. Press Player Settings... and change Scripting Backend to IL2CPP
5. Press Build button
Expected result: Unity Editor successfully builds project
Actual result: Unity Editor fails to build project
- This issue appears on Windows and OSX
- This issue appears on Standalone, Android, and iOS
- With Mono, everything works fine
- BugRepro is unsafe C# code that contains an array of pointers
- I believe the issue is that the field type generated when accessing the array of pointers is of type "intPtr_t", when it should be of type "ExampleStruct*"
Reproduced on Unity 2017.2.3p4, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.4.11f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.8f1, 2018.3.0b2 and 2019.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Investigate why .meta files are sometimes not parsed right
- Cursor is not locked to Game window when pressing Windows key then clicking the Taskbar and refocusing the Game
- EditorGUIUtility.ShowObjectPicker doesn't allow to pick assets from derived classes
- Disabling and enabling an AudioSource component controlled by a Timeline causes a pop and ignores the mixer settings
- Build Pipeline functions cause a re-execution of the last Async task when called in an Async function