Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X, 2018.4.X, 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
[IL2CPP] The sockaddr_un structure is not properly filled when trying to bind or connect to a Unix-domain socket
The IL2CPP runtime does not properly fill the sockaddr_un structure that is passed to the bind() or connect() system calls when trying to bind or connect to a Unix-domain socket
1. Download attached "UnixSocketFailRepro.zip" project and open in Unity
2. Enter to Play mode
3. Note that Console prints these messages:
"Socket path: /tmp/test.socket"
"Testing managed bind call."
"Testing data transfer (managed listen + managed connect)"
"Transferred managed: "MANAGED STRING (This means it works with Unity's implementation)""
4. Exit from Play mode
5. Build for Standalone (IL2CPP), iOS or Android (IL2CPP)
6. Deploy the Xcode project to the iOS device, run Standalone Build or deploy .apk on Android device
Expected Results: Logs shows the same messages as on Unity Editor Console
Actual Results: Observe that right after the log "Testing managed bind call" it prints:
"FAILED BIND with exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Access denied".
- This issue appears on Standalone (IL2CPP), iOS and Android (IL2CPP)
- On Mono Scripting Backend everything seems to work as Expected
- iPhone XS, iOS: 12.0 - Reproduced
- iPhone 8 Plus, iOS: 12.0 - Reproduced
- iPhone 7 Plus, iOS: 12.0 - Reproduced
- Huawei P20 Pro (CLT-L29), Android 8.1.0, CPU: HiSilicon Kirin 970, GPU: Mali-G72 - Reproduced
Reproduced on Unity 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.27f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.3f1, 2019.2.0b2 and 2019.3.0a3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Number of Sub-Emitter particles is higher when Play Mode is on
- Redo command causes a Warning when redoing the creation of ScriptableObject
- [M1] Build fails when the project's name contains Mac terminal's command and the scripting backend is set to IL2CPP
- DrawMeshInstancedProcedural error and a lot of other Shader errors when the TerraWorld package is imported to a project
- ObjectDisposedException is thrown when resizing an array drawn in a custom editor