Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
[IL2CPP] System.InvalidOperationException: Maximum length exceeded when building big project
1. Open attached project
2. Build it for iOS or Android (IL2CPP backend)
Expected result: Build succeeds without errors.
Actual result: UnityLinker.exe fails to run.
Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
System.InvalidOperationException: Maximum length exceeded.
Was able to reproduce issue with 2020.1.0b12 and 2020.2.0a14
Aug 28, 2020 08:18
This exception perhaps can be solved by : shorten the path of the project located.
On windows , path length exceeding is very normal.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fix JSON exception when building project with large number of scenes