Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
[IL2CPP][iOS] 'UnityLinker.exe did not run properly!' error when building with code stripping enabled
Error related to UnityLinker.exe appears when building a particular project with IL2CPP and code stripping enabled.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project (StrippingLinkerError.zip).
2) Build for iOS.
Build fails towards the end with the following error:
Exception: /Volumes/U/Applications/Unity2017.1.0b7/Unity.app/Contents/il2cpp/build/UnityLinker.exe did not run properly!
This does not occur when Engine Code Stripping is disabled. Does not reproduce with Mono2x backend.
Did not reproduce:
2017.1.0a6, 2017.1.0a1, 5.6.1p1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- mono callstack overflow when callling Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets and c# scripts contain large, nested arrays
- Unloading an AssetBundle that contains a material causes a call to FindObjectsOfType
- GetObject failed to find Object for Library Representation is thrown when generating UV maps
- Editor crashes when compiling back thread function if it calls native plugins
- [Android] Changing the value of a slider, the volume does not change on a device