Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
[IL2CPP][iOS] 'UnityLinker.exe did not run properly!' error when building with code stripping enabled
Error related to UnityLinker.exe appears when building a particular project with IL2CPP and code stripping enabled.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the attached project (StrippingLinkerError.zip).
2) Build for iOS.
Build fails towards the end with the following error:
Exception: /Volumes/U/Applications/Unity2017.1.0b7/Unity.app/Contents/il2cpp/build/UnityLinker.exe did not run properly!
This does not occur when Engine Code Stripping is disabled. Does not reproduce with Mono2x backend.
Did not reproduce:
2017.1.0a6, 2017.1.0a1, 5.6.1p1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Handles.DrawDottedLine does nothing when used in the Editor
- Wrong depth texture when using SetTargetBuffers when anti-aliasing is higher than 1
- .NET 4.6 EqualityComparer.Equals yields different results from .NET 3.5 on UnityEngine.Object
- Adding a specific script to gameObject crashes editor
- Crashes while undo changes after editing two scenes in Hierarchy Window and remove one without save