Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
[IL2CPP] "BuildFailedException" and Bee errors are thrown in the Console window when building project for Android
1. Open the attached user's project
2. Go to File > Build Settings
3. Switch to Android Platform and Build the project
4. Observe errors appear in the Console window
Expected result: The Build is successful
Actual result: The Build fails, errors are thrown in the Console window
Reproducible with: 2019.4.35f1, 2021.1.0b4, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.9f1, 2022.1.0b5
Not reproducible with: 2020.3.27f1, 2021.1.0b3
Could not test with: 2022.2.0a2 (Script errors are thrown in the Console window)
- Issue is not reproducible when building for Mac Standalone
- Issue is not reproducible when building with Mono Scripting Backend selected
- Errors in the Console window:
"BuildFailedException: Incremental Player build failed!"
"Building Library/Bee/artifacts/Android/iz17e/zks8_firstpass1.o failed with output: /Users/*Username*/*ProjectName*/Library/Bee/artifacts/Android/il2cppOutput/cpp/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass1.cpp(17178,50): warning: backslash and newline
separated by space [-Wbackslash-newline-escape] // vertices = CardinalToVertex(3); // [-] \ "
Jan 15, 2023 07:56
Having this issue on 2021.3.11f1
Oct 25, 2022 19:52
*** I said "2022.2.20f1" -- but I meant 2022.1.20f1 !!
Oct 25, 2022 19:52
Still an issue here on 2022.2.20f1 (Apple Silicon) as well; editor is running on M1 MBP.
Aug 31, 2022 09:05
I'm fed up with this issue. Still, it happens in 2021.2.7f1. What is the Unity version should I try to build for Android without this issue? I have a Mac M1.
Jun 29, 2022 15:10
Still happens in 2021.2.17f1
Apr 16, 2022 08:54
Guys, 2021.3.0f1 I have the same bug here:
Failed because this command failed to write the following output files:
Can't build my project on OSX
Mar 31, 2022 13:37
Suddenly appeared in 2022.1.0b7
Mar 28, 2022 09:17
As of 28 March 2022, this bug seems to occur on Unity 2019.4.35f1,2019.4.36f1,2019.4.37f1.
Downgraded the project to 2019.4.34f1.
The build is working fine on this version for me.
"IL2CPP: Fixed incorrect exception filter handler on try blocks with multiple catch blocks. (1335434)"
this fix might cause the issues.
Feb 01, 2022 04:33
On the release notes 2020.3.27f1 is lists this bug as a know issue - https://unity3d.com/unity/whats-new/2020.3.27
...but on this page it says this bug was not reproducible with 2020.3.27f1 ?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Can't import asset via Package Manager when it consists of sub-packages and one of them is already imported
- CubemapArrays and Cubemaps take up significantly more memory than on other platforms when working with a Windows project
- The Weight Field in the LimbSolver2D Component for 2D IK Can’t Be Animated or Smoothly Transitioned
- Selected “Landscape Left” orientation of the “ScreenOrientation” dropdown in the Inspector window gets deselected when deselecting and selecting GameObject that contains a “ScreenOrientation” dropdown
- Shader Graph and the Visual Effects Graph scroll unreasonably fast on OSX
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in: 2022.2.0a7
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.0b10
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in: 2021.2.17f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in: 2020.3.32f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in: 2019.4.38f1