Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.47f1, 2021.3.21f1, 2022.2.11f1, 2023.1.0b9, 2023.2.0a6
[IL2CPP] Build can fail when 2 Assembly Definitions have similar names
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached Project "MC2BuildTest2021"
2. Ensure IL2CPP is set as the Scripting Backend in Project Settings
3. Build the Project
Expected result: the Build suceeds
Actual result: The Build fails with the following error:
"System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (Exception while merging Unity.IL2CPP.Contexts.Components.MetadataUsageCollectorComponent)
---> System.InvalidOperationException: Exception while merging Unity.IL2CPP.Contexts.Components.MetadataUsageCollectorComponent
---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: Vector3_get_forward_mAA55A7034304DF8B2152EAD49AE779FC4CA2EB4AMagicaCloth2_MetadataUsageId"
Reproducible with: 2020.3.45f1, 2021.3.19f1, 2022.2.8f1, 2023.1.0b6, 2023.2.0a4
- Issue does not reproduce with Mono set as the Scripting Backend
- Changing the Assembly's "MagicaCloth2" name to "MagicaCloth_2" makes the issue no longer reproducible
- Removing any of the Assemblies makes the issue no longer reproducible
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first