Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
If a TextAsset is created from a .txt file that uses the wrong type of encoding
If a TextAsset is created from a .txt file that uses the wrong type of encoding, Unity will just return an empty string WITHOUT raising an error of any kind. Not sure which encodings cause problems, although UTF-8 seems to be good. Manual/class-TextAsset.html : should indicate valid encodings.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building Unity editor via CI results in "System.IO.IOException: Sharing violation on path" error
- [Editor] Side panel and graph divider gets stuck when dragged after selecting transition from Any State in Animator Window
- [UI] Color picker tool is stuck in the pixel sampling stage
- Unity 2019.4 opens the manual and scripting reference for 2020.3
- [Mac] Script recompilation window shows up but doesn't recompile scripts after focusing unity by clicking on the system tabs