Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Identical file GUIDs are not changed if Library folder is missing
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Create a directory "A" in 'Assets' using the editor
3. Close unity
4. Delete 'Library' folder
5. Copy A.meta
6. Rename 'A.meta copy' as 'B.meta'
7. Create a directory 'B'
8. Open Unity
Expected behaviour: B.meta is updated to use a different GUID than the A.meta (which is exactly what is done when you do the above steps without deleting the Library folder)
Actual behaviour: A.meta and B.meta continues to exist with the same GUIDs
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- VFX Graph not retaining reference to custom spawner
- [URP] Blend Style panel is translucent and appears to be of different colour
- ProjectFilesGenerator.ProjectFileGeneration event isn't raised
- [Asset Import] Errors thrown on creating a project using microgame templates
- A game object is instantiated in a translated transform position when it is instantiated as a child of a new parent object