Search Issue Tracker
[Hub] Hub fails to open versions that are marked to be run as admin
How to reproduce:
1. Make sure your selected version Unity Editor executable is marked as "Run as administrator"
2. Try to create a new project with the version that is marked to be run as administrator
3. Observe the error
Expected result: no errors are thrown and an additional windows permission notification is shown / an error is shown describing the cause of the issue - lack of admin permissions
Actual result: the HUB fails to create/open projects with the version and an "Error launching the editor: The application path cannot be opened" error is thrown.
Reproduced on: HUB version 2.0.2
Jun 07, 2022 15:06
May 24, 2021 13:43
Nov 23, 2019 20:04
Same result with other new versions of the hub, including 2.1.3. So far no solutions here, just people with the same problem?
Sep 02, 2019 23:54
Thanks for posting this bug - exactly the same situation for me on version 2.1.0
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
The editor does not support run as admin, please disable the option to fix the issue.