Search Issue Tracker
Won't Fix in 2021.2.X
"Hold on" popup hangs on "Importing assets" when changing script if Visual Studio is opened while in Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Create a 3D project
2. Create and attach a script to anything in Hierarchy
3. Open the script and add a line of code (e.g. "int d;")
4. Click back on the Editor in order for recompilation to begin
Expected result: Recompilation occurs and the "Hold on" popup closes
Actual result: "Hold on" popup hangs on "Importing assets"
Reproducible with: 2020.2.4f1, 2020.3.2f1, 2021.1.0b5, 2021.2.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.23f1, 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0b4
1. Can reproduce in two ways, before opening the script entering Play Mode, or without entering Play Mode
2. Can reproduce by just opening a Script
3. If in Preferences of External Tools of IDE is set to "Open by file extension", doesn't seem to reproduce after choosing this setting and reloading Unity and VS.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
There are no fixes planned for this Bug
Resolution Note (2021.2.X):
Unable to repro, also checked the FogBugz it also seems others had issue reproing, so closing until we get a consistent repro.
Also, this is probably the most common scripting workflow (add a variable and recompile). If there were an issue in this area, there would be way, way more reports about it. Just my 2 cents