Search Issue Tracker
Won't Fix in 2021.2.X
"Hold on" popup hangs on "Importing assets" when changing script if Visual Studio is opened while in Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Create a 3D project
2. Create and attach a script to anything in Hierarchy
3. Open the script and add a line of code (e.g. "int d;")
4. Click back on the Editor in order for recompilation to begin
Expected result: Recompilation occurs and the "Hold on" popup closes
Actual result: "Hold on" popup hangs on "Importing assets"
Reproducible with: 2020.2.4f1, 2020.3.2f1, 2021.1.0b5, 2021.2.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.23f1, 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0b4
1. Can reproduce in two ways, before opening the script entering Play Mode, or without entering Play Mode
2. Can reproduce by just opening a Script
3. If in Preferences of External Tools of IDE is set to "Open by file extension", doesn't seem to reproduce after choosing this setting and reloading Unity and VS.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Silicon] Crash on ScriptableRenderLoopJob when machine is left idle while the Editor is in Play mode
- [Android] GraphicsBuffer.CopyCount does not work with Append Compute Buffer after Compute Shader Dispatch on some Android devices
- "DirectoryNotFoundException" error when building a project via script in one folder, then building via Editor in another, deleting the folder built via Editor and rebuilding via Script
- New items are created and old ones remain in memory when using 'treeView.SetRootItems(items)' and 'treeView.Rebuild()' which can cause a memory leak
- Code continues to run after enabling the Frame Debugger when in paused Play Mode and using 'WaitForSecondsRealtime' coroutine