Search Issue Tracker
Won't Fix in 2021.2.X
"Hold on" popup hangs on "Importing assets" when changing script if Visual Studio is opened while in Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Create a 3D project
2. Create and attach a script to anything in Hierarchy
3. Open the script and add a line of code (e.g. "int d;")
4. Click back on the Editor in order for recompilation to begin
Expected result: Recompilation occurs and the "Hold on" popup closes
Actual result: "Hold on" popup hangs on "Importing assets"
Reproducible with: 2020.2.4f1, 2020.3.2f1, 2021.1.0b5, 2021.2.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.33f1, 2019.4.23f1, 2020.2.3f1, 2021.1.0b4
1. Can reproduce in two ways, before opening the script entering Play Mode, or without entering Play Mode
2. Can reproduce by just opening a Script
3. If in Preferences of External Tools of IDE is set to "Open by file extension", doesn't seem to reproduce after choosing this setting and reloading Unity and VS.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI Builder] The border of VisualElement is not created when slicing a pixel art sprite
- [VFX Graph] Bounds padding not working
- Page is missing when looking up documentation for the Custom Function module when it is renamed
- "Shading Mode” isn't set to “Shaded” when pressing a shortcut set for the “Scene View -> Render Mode/Shaded"
- “+” and “-” buttons can't be pressed because the text field of the first array element is being focused in the Tile Palette window