Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
[HDRP][Vulkan] "Lag" when using Vulkan API in build, even with good framerate
When running a player build with the Vulkan API, the rendering is lagging compared to DX11 or DX12, even if it has a similar framerate.
Steps to reproduce:
- Download and unzip this player build : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QyvqnwEFtIuAzN3OTcy02-gktY7fSlQD/view?usp=sharing
- Run the build from command line with "--force-vulkan" option
- Move around
- Switch to full screen (alt+enter)
- Move around
Result: "Lag" in both modes, more noticeable when in fullscreen even if it is still rendering at 1080p.
Expect: No lag, never.
Reproduces on : Unity 2021.2.0a14 HDRP 12 : This is the version used to build this player, but the issue is here since ages.
- You can compare with the other supported APIs on windows with "--force-d3d11" and "--force-d3d12".
- You can make this build yourself following these steps :
- Create a new project from HD template
- Import "Graphy" from asset store : https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/gui/graphy-ultimate-fps-counter-stats-monitor-debugger-105778
- Add the [Graphy] prefab from \Assets\Graphy - Ultimate Stats Monitor\Prefab to the template scene
- Add Vulkan and DX12 to the Windows API list in Project Settings / Player
- Set Fullscreen Mode to Windowed and Resolution to 1920x1080 in Project Settings / Player
- Set VSync Count to "Don't Sync" in Project Settings / Quality (depend on the default quality level)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadowmask Mode property affects shadow rendering when using Baked Indirect
- Full screen renderer feature does not work with stencil
- Glob function isn't working with TextureImporter in Preset Manager
- [HDRP] New project has unsaved changes when creating a project from HDRP templates
- Some pixels fail to render when using Depth Priming