Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[HDRP][Search] NullReferenceException is thrown on enabling quick Search with background task window in HDRP template
NullReferenceException is thrown on enabling quick search with background task window (show progress details ) which shows the progress the of “building assets search index “. Refer attached video and stack trace.
Steps to repro:
1. Create a new HDRP project
2. While the template is loading, open the background task window
3. Open Quick search window
4. Observe the "Building assets search index" progress bar in the background task window.
5.Observe NullReferenceException throws as soon as the progress bar exceeds 50%.
Actual Result: NullReferenceException is thrown on enabling quick search with background task window in HDRP template.
Expected Result: No error in the console on enabling quick search with background task window
Occurring on: 2021.2.0a4, 2021.1.0b6, 2021.1.0b5
Working Fine: 2021.1.0b4, 2021.1.0a1
1. "Quick Search" is a Built-In Package in Unity 2021.1.0a1.
2. Error is not thrown if the background task window is not enabled.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- IL2CPP Player crashes when there aren't enough Thread Static Slots
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Verified on :
Revision: trunk dc497bf8326a
Built: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 00:54:30 GMT
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Revision: 2021.1/staging 78dc1f4d2359
Built: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 14:06:44 GMT