Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 7.1.6
Found in [Package]
[HDRP] NullReferenceException is thrown when a Particle System with Light Module on is added to the scene
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" in the attached "case_1173348_HDRP" project
2. Make sure HDRP 6.7.1 package is installed
3. Select Particle System in the Hierarchy window
4. Enable the "Lights" Module in the Inspector
Expected results: Particles will start emitting light
Actual results: NullReferenceExceptions are thrown in the console
Reproducible with: 2019.2.0a9 (package ver. 6.7.1), 2019.2.0f1 (package ver. 6.7.1, 6.9.1), 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a14 (package ver. 6.7.1, 6.9.1, 7.0.0, 7.1.5)
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.5f1(package ver. 4.10.0), 2019.1.13f1 (package ver. 5.16.1), 2019.2.0a9 (package ver. 5.16.1), 2019.3.0b12, 2020.1.0a14 (package ver. 7.1.2)
Package versions 6.5.2 and 6.5.3 are constantly throwing missing reference errors. However, these errors are not related to a Particle System
The Ratio in the Lights tab needs to be changed to >0 for this issue to be reproducible.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform