Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.24f1, 2022.2.17f1, 2023.1.0b13, 2023.2.0a3
[HDRP] In HDRP if the user selects a custom color & camera depth buffer with MSAA on, it silently breaks and doesn't render
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Scene.unity in the attached user's project "MSAA_ScreenSpace.zip"
2. In "Avatar Custom Pass" GameObject, set Target Color Buffer to Custom
3. In "Avatar Custom Pass" GameObject, set Target Depth Buffer to Camera
4. In GameObject/Main Camera set MSAA Within Forward to None
5. Note that the hand is rendered OK in Game View
6. In GameObject/Main Camera set MSAA Within Forward to MSAA4X
7. Note that the hand rendering silently fails with no warning as to what went wrong
Expected: some kind of feedback to the user indicating why it didn't render, or a hint that they have accidentally selected incompatible buffers
Actual: no warning or error that selected buffers are incompatible, hence rendering does not occur
Reproducible on: 14.0.5 - 15.0.3 (2022.2.3f1, 2023.1.0a25)
Could not test on 2020.3.44f1 and 2021.3.17f1 due to project errors when downgrading the HDRP package and the GameObject not rendering
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform