Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.30f1, 2022.3.8f1, 2023.1.9f1, 2023.2.0a23
[HDRP] HDRP has a hard limit of 64 total lights in an area which causes flickering
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "T1583220.zip"
2. Open the "OutdoorsScene.unity"
3. Enter Play Mode
Expected results: When there are over 64 lights in the Scene, there is no flickering
Actual Results: When there are over 64 lights in the Scene, it causes some flickering
Reproducible in: HDRP 12.1.12 (2021.3.27f1), HDRP 14.0.7 (2022.3.2f1), HDRP 15.0.6 (2023.1.0b20), HDRP 16.0.2 (2023.2.0a18)
Environment tested on: Windows 10
-Currently, there are some settings in the HDRP asset that allows setting a light limit (see Maximum Punctual On Screen and Maximum Area on Screen in https://docs.unity3d.com/Packagesfirstname.lastname@example.org/manual/HDRP-Asset.html) However, there are many places in the HDRP code where the 64 limit is hardcoded
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader's _CameraDepthTexture is not read when the Camera is rendering to a RenderTexture and has a reduced viewport
- Crash on Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext:Submit_Internal_Injected when enabling a GameObject in scene
- Reloading domain while Audio Random Container window is hidden breaks the ability to remove clips
- Xcode is not found when launching Unity with only tvOS module
- Compute shaders for sampling the color of a texture do not compute when running with a GPU that uses level 11.0