Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.3
Fixed in 5.4, 5.5
Having unexpected closing curly bracket in the shader freezes editor
1. Open the project provided
2. Open the only shader available
3. Change "#define BUG 0" to "#define BUG 1"
4. Save the shader
5. Return to Unity editor
-Observe that the shader never compiles and Unity is frozen
Actual result: Shader never compiles and Unity editor freezes
Expected result: Error is thrown related to an extra curly bracket
Note: Having unexpected opening curly bracket produces an error as expected.
Note: After closing frozen Unity editor UnityShaderCompiler.exe process is still running and has to be closed manually
Note: Closing UnityShaderCompiler.exe makes the editor run again.
Reproduced on: 5.5.0b8, 5.4.2p1, 5.3.6p7, 5.2.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Profiler] When all charts are closed, reopening the Profiler Window will show CPU Profiler details
- [VCS] Opening or clicking Refresh in VersionControl window should save assets
- [VCS] Option to do RevertUnchanged on each Submit ("revertunchanged" in p4)
- [VCS] Request: VersionControl window could show which assets are checked out but not actually modified
- Cannot move camera slider in LOD Group component on Mac