Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.3
Fixed in 5.4, 5.5
Having unexpected closing curly bracket in the shader freezes editor
1. Open the project provided
2. Open the only shader available
3. Change "#define BUG 0" to "#define BUG 1"
4. Save the shader
5. Return to Unity editor
-Observe that the shader never compiles and Unity is frozen
Actual result: Shader never compiles and Unity editor freezes
Expected result: Error is thrown related to an extra curly bracket
Note: Having unexpected opening curly bracket produces an error as expected.
Note: After closing frozen Unity editor UnityShaderCompiler.exe process is still running and has to be closed manually
Note: Closing UnityShaderCompiler.exe makes the editor run again.
Reproduced on: 5.5.0b8, 5.4.2p1, 5.3.6p7, 5.2.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Docked Grid and Snap Settings window disappears when reloading a project
- Changing the Environment Volume Profile settings does not trigger a new bake
- Sprite is removed from Objects for Packing list of Sprite Atlas when using undo after swapping the Sprites
- String array data is lost when one of the strings starts with a colon symbol
- Unable to import NuGet packages Microsoft.Bcl.AsyncInterfaces, System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions cannot be loaded correctly