Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.3
Fixed in 5.4.X, 5.5.X
Having unexpected closing curly bracket in the shader freezes editor
1. Open the project provided
2. Open the only shader available
3. Change "#define BUG 0" to "#define BUG 1"
4. Save the shader
5. Return to Unity editor
-Observe that the shader never compiles and Unity is frozen
Actual result: Shader never compiles and Unity editor freezes
Expected result: Error is thrown related to an extra curly bracket
Note: Having unexpected opening curly bracket produces an error as expected.
Note: After closing frozen Unity editor UnityShaderCompiler.exe process is still running and has to be closed manually
Note: Closing UnityShaderCompiler.exe makes the editor run again.
Reproduced on: 5.5.0b8, 5.4.2p1, 5.3.6p7, 5.2.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- RegisterValueChangeCallback is not called when changing the PropertyField value
- The Properties option is missing when pressing RMB on the PropertyField
- [Android] forward+ lighting glitch when built on Xiaomi Mi 10
- Lens Flare occlusion effect doesn't work when the Camera GameObject is behind obstacles
- Texture Importer: Swaps red and blue channels