Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.3
Fixed in 5.4.X, 5.5.X
Having unexpected closing curly bracket in the shader freezes editor
1. Open the project provided
2. Open the only shader available
3. Change "#define BUG 0" to "#define BUG 1"
4. Save the shader
5. Return to Unity editor
-Observe that the shader never compiles and Unity is frozen
Actual result: Shader never compiles and Unity editor freezes
Expected result: Error is thrown related to an extra curly bracket
Note: Having unexpected opening curly bracket produces an error as expected.
Note: After closing frozen Unity editor UnityShaderCompiler.exe process is still running and has to be closed manually
Note: Closing UnityShaderCompiler.exe makes the editor run again.
Reproduced on: 5.5.0b8, 5.4.2p1, 5.3.6p7, 5.2.5f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Crash on memcpy when building for Android Platform
- Cannot create DropdownField with nested choices when using UIToolkit
- Lightmaps are baked incorrectly for GameObjects when their Position is <=-2048 or >=2048 on any of the coordinates
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue