Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
[Graphics] Editor restarts on switching graphics API in play mode but the graphics API does not switch
Editor restarts on switching graphics API in play mode but the graphics API does not switch. In previous versions, Editor used to throw a InvalidOperationException for this operation.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project
2) Enter play mode
3) Edit > Project Settings > Player > Other Settings
4) Uncheck Auto Graphics API > Drag any other API from the list on top
5) Restart when prompted
Expected result: Editor should either throw a InvalidOperationException for this operation or switch the Graphics API after restart.
Actual result: Editor restarts and the Graphics API also does not switch
Occurring on: 2020.1.0a10, 2020.1.0a7, 2019.3.0b8, 2019.3.0b7
Working fine in: 2020.1.0a6, 2019.3.0b6
Environment: Both Mac and Windows
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Settings changes during playmode are not saved which causes this behavior. We'll grey out the graphics API settings during the playmode to prevent this confusion.