Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Editor crashes if Unity is closed in the middle of exporting package
The editor crashes because of closing the editor while exporting a package.
It crashes because we try to access a reference to AsyncReadManager that was already set to null during an earlier call to Application.Shutdown() from TickPackageImport().
Investigation notes and call stacks here:
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project.
2) Add a large number of assets to your project, e.g. by importing a big package from the asset store.
4) Right Click in Project > Export package. Export all assets.
5) Wait for the progress window to display the text "Compressing Package...".
6) Right Click Unity from taskbar > Close the Unity Editor Window.
Actual Result: Editor crashes after the package is exported
Expected result: Editor should not crash on closing the window
Occurring on: 2022.2.0a6, 2021.2.0a1, 2021.1.0b2, 2020.2.2f1, 2020.1.10f1, 2019.4.12f1
Environment: Only on Windows
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mesh.CombineMeshes discards empty sub-meshes when 'mergeSubmeshes' is set to false
- [Linux] MacOS build fails for every architecture when the project contains a "StreamingAssets" folder with empty an "yaml" file
- Property drawers do not always update height correctly when expanded via iteration
- Label with Dynamic Color is not getting Playmode tint in the UI Builder window
- Error "Could not create asset from Packages/com.unity.postprocessing/PostProcessing" when adding Post Processing package via Git URL for the first time