Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X
Graphics.DrawMeshInstanced fails to apply array properties from a MaterialPropertyBlock
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open the SampleScene
3. Play the scene
4. It renders two triangles side by side, one with DrawMesh and the other with DrawMeshInstanced
5. Notice that the expected color for both is grey, but the one rendered using DrawMeshInstanced is red (editor), no render (player)
Reproduced with: 2017.3.0b1, 2017.3.1p3, 2018.1.0b10, 2018.2.0a4
Not reproduced with: 5.6.5p2, 2017.1.3p2, 2017.2.2p1
Fixed in: 2018.3.0a1
Expected results: the expected color for both is grey, but the one rendered using DrawMeshInstanced is red (editor), no render (player)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Errors are thrown after redoing Nested Prefab Variant creation
- Documentation Link does not work when the "VFX Condition" question mark button is clicked
- Documentation Link does not work when the "Spawn State" question mark button is clicked
- Darker lighting in Build when disabling SSAO at runtime
- Animation glitches when using animation layering with base layer transition interruption
Jun 19, 2018 18:59
My assumption is the workaround is to draw the meshes individually via many DrawMesh calls instead of DrawMeshInstanced. Not really a workaround for projects like ours that would take a large performance hit from it.
Jun 13, 2018 15:49
The severity shows "workaround is possible". What is the workaround and when is 2018.3.0a1 going to be available?
May 15, 2018 23:00
We use DrawMeshInstanced for our tree rendering and this is preventing us from updating past 2017.2.2p1.