Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
[GPU PLM][OSX]CL_INVALID_PROGRAM errors and fallback to CPU PLM after baking with GPU PLM on OSX if the Editor path has a space
An Apple machine with discrete GPU having more than 2GB of VRAM is needed to repro this bug.
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project and 'ProgressiveLightmappingExample' scene;
2. In the Lighting window press 'Generate Lighting' button.
Baking on GPU completes successfully.
- 'OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: CL_INVALID_KERNEL'
- 'OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: [CL_INVALID_KERNEL] : OpenCL Error : clEnqueueNDRangeKernel failed: invalid kernel 0x0'
- `OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: [CL_INVALID_BUILD_OPTIONS] : OpenCL Error : clBuildProgram failed: Invalid build options "-D APPLE -D USE_SAFE_MATH -cl-std=CL1.2 -I /Applications/2019.1/Unity 2019.1.0b1_83b3ba1f99df/Unity.app/Contents/Resources/OpenCL/kernels/"`
are shown. Baking backend falls back to CPU Lightmapper. See attached video.
- Reproducible in 2019.1.0b1, 2019.2.0a2, 2019.3.0a2, 2019.3.0a3;
- Reproducible on every project that uses GPU PLM on OSX;
- Reproducible on AMD GPU;
- Reproducible only with GPU PLM; not reproducible with CPU PLM or Enlighten.
- Reproducible only when the path to the Unity Editor installation has space;
- Reproducible on OSX 10.13.3 and OSX 10.13.4; Not reproducible on Windows 10.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nodes in the Vertex block are deleted when the edge connected to the Node is deleted
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- Errors are thrown and Sub Emitter is not reparented when trying to reparent Sub Emitters of Prefabs