Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1
Fixed in 2020.1, 2020.2
[GPU PLM] Fallback to CPU PLM with 'CL_UNKNOWN' error after force stopping the bake and restarting
Steps to repro:
1. Pull the Sponza URP project from here: https://ono.unity3d.com/test-data/gi-tests/SponzaLWRP and sync to revision 1ba7fdd9f457acff81428824ec6f3460e3e72ab4;
2. Open SponzaLightingDay scene;
3. Pull the Sponza scene to the Hierarchy;
4. Make sure that the scene is selected as a master scene, if not, double-click on SponzaLightingDay scene in the Hierarchy;
5. Make sure that GPU Lightmapper is selected as a baking backend for the SponzaLightingDay scene;
6. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
7. Once the ETA for the bake is visible, press Force Stop button in the Lighting window;
8. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button.
Baking with GPU PLM proceeds and finishes as expected.
OpenCL Error: 'clGetEventInfo(event, CL_EVENT_COMMAND_EXECUTION_STATUS, sizeof(eventExecutionStatus), &eventExecutionStatus, NULL)' returned -9999 (CL_UNKNOWN_ERROR)!
OpenCL Error. Falling back to CPU lightmapper. Error callback from context: CL_UNKNOWN_ERROR
Lightmapper falls back to CPU PLM.
- Reproducible in Version 2020.2.0b3, 2020.1.6f1;
- Not reproducible in 2019.4.11f1, as the Force Stop button wasn't available in that version for the GPU Lightmapper;
- Reproducible on Windows 10 with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 GPU.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project
- Built player takes multiple seconds to shut down
- Wireframe flicker and quad shaped artifacts on terrain trees using Mac Metal.
- Spamming error: `GLSL: Shader cannot be patched for instancing.` When enabling terrain Draw Instanced option in desktop OpenGL.
- [Mono, Debugger] VS 2019 debugger detaches when the Trace.TraceInformation is called with a specific string