Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X, 2021.3.X
Duplicate in 2021.3.X
[GPU PLM] Crash due to out of bounds access violation in PowerSampling after enabling auto mode at the end of bake on AMD GPU
Tested locally using Windows10 and a Threadripper 3990 ES + RX6800XT GPU using the repro project from the bug:
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project and 'ProgressiveLightmappingExample' scene https://editorbugs.unity3d.com/api/v1.0/attachments/ba03b2c2-4cad-44d1-b847-cbff764f10b9/Progressive-Lightmapper-Adventure-Game.zip
2. In the Preferences window (Edit > Preferences) go to the GICache tab and click the 'Clean Cache" button;
3. In the Lighting window (Window > Rendering > Lighting) click Generate Lighting button;
4. At the end of GI baking (observe the progress bar for spotting it) enable Auto Generate checkbox in the Lighting window.
Editor finishes an auto-bake without crashes.
Reproduced in: 2021.2.1f1, 2021.2.2f1, 2022.1.0a15
Not Reproduced in: 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.22f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.0f1
- Reproducible on Windows10 and a Threadripper 3990 ES + with RX6800XT GPU AMD GPU.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unexpected exception System.DllNotFoundException" error thrown in the Console window when creating a project with 2D (URP) Template
- [Backport] [XR SDK] [HDRP] XRSettings.gameViewRenderMode does not change Game View Render Mode
- [Backport] [Android][Vulkan] Crash on Samsung Note8 while running gfx tests
- [Backport] Wrong sorting for "GC Alloc" column in Show Related Objects panel of Profiler Window
- [Backport] [iOS] Unfreed allocation errors thrown in Console when executing Build And Run with iOS platform