Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X
Go wide on shader compression
Shader compression is currently single-threaded and frequently takes >1 minute (HDRP scenario). For large shaders it can actuallly take longer to compress the results than it takes to compile the shader variants.Seems like there could potentially be some easy player build wins from going wide on this compression task.
Tested in 2021.2b16 + HDRP 2021.2/staging.
Some timings from a recent player build
Compressed shader 'HDRP/Lit' on d3d11 in 75.56s from 447.65MB to 116.39MB
Compressed shader 'Hair/KajiyaKay' on d3d11 in 435.21s from 8849.37MB to 2486.63MB
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- An error message is displayed when any type of file is saved outside the project's assets folder
- [iOS] 'Automatically add capabilites' doesn't work
- [UI Toolkit][Android] Text field becomes multiline during edition in the Player when the Multiline option is disabled in the UI document TexField settings
- BadImageFormatException is being thrown after creating URP or HDRP Template Projects
- Custom fonts aren’t applied to TextMeshPro Text when using <font> tag