Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.3.3
[Perf] GISceneManager.Update taking ~90% processor time on scene start
1. Open the project "repro.zip"
2. Open the profiler, and turn on "editor profiling"
3. Open the scene "_8Artois_HIGHMEM_ASSETBUNDLE"
Notice that GISceneManager.Update() is taking ~90% of processor time.
Notice that GI isn't even turned on.
If the project is closed after the lag stops, and started again, the lag will resume.
After several minutes, the performance will return to normal. The performance hit seems to depend on the number of objects in the scene.
I've attached a screenshot of the profiler screen. [Actually, FogBugz doesn't let me attach anything ATM (503 error), so if whoever reads this needs those files, I can send them over via slack.]
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Slow editor shutdown when baking with progressive lightmapper
- ShaderGraph ColorMask material on RenderTexture is transparent while in Game View opaque
- [MacOS] Windows that are unattached are hidden behind Editor when the Editor Window is focused
- Some ParticleSystems use the wrong texture when several of them are being rendered with different Textures
- Throwing exception in IPreprocessBuildWithReport does not cancel build process