Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.3.3
[Perf] GISceneManager.Update taking ~90% processor time on scene start
1. Open the project "repro.zip"
2. Open the profiler, and turn on "editor profiling"
3. Open the scene "_8Artois_HIGHMEM_ASSETBUNDLE"
Notice that GISceneManager.Update() is taking ~90% of processor time.
Notice that GI isn't even turned on.
If the project is closed after the lag stops, and started again, the lag will resume.
After several minutes, the performance will return to normal. The performance hit seems to depend on the number of objects in the scene.
I've attached a screenshot of the profiler screen. [Actually, FogBugz doesn't let me attach anything ATM (503 error), so if whoever reads this needs those files, I can send them over via slack.]
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)