Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
GFX memory usage in editor is significantly higher than in player when updating Canvas Renderer's meshes with setMesh
1. Open the attached project ("case_1334548.zip")
2. Open the "SetMeshScene" scene: Project window > Assets > "SetMeshScene.unity"
3. Open the Profiler window: Window > Analysis > Profiler
4. In the editor, click play, and wait for 15-45s
5. Inspect the Profiler window, Memory tab
Expected result: The GFX memory (RAM) usage in editor should be reasonably close to memory usage in player
Actual result: The GFX memory (RAM) usage reaches 2.5GB in editor, while in player - 9.8MB
Reproducible with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.11f1, 2021.1.10f1, 2021.2.0a19
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first