Search Issue Tracker
Getting rendering artifacts in the Scene view when generating Tilemap
1. Open the attached Unity project "TilesIssue.zip"
2. Go to Assets > Scenes folder and open "Game.unity" Scene
3. Enter the Play Mode and go to the Scene view
4. Observe the generating Tilemap
Expected result: No visible issues when Tilemap is being generated
Actual result: Rendering artifacts appear in the Scene view when generating Tilemap
Reproducible with: 2019.4.38f1, 2020.3.33f1, 2021.3.0f1, 2022.1.0b15, 2022.2.0a10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
The Tilemap stores only up to 65535 different colors in the Tilemap for all of the Tiles to reduce the memory footprint of the Tilemap. The user may consider reducing the number of colors used for brightness instead of potentially creating a new color value for each Tile.