Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
'GetLocalizedString is not allowed...' error in console on dropping sprite into scene
1. What happened
Dropping sprite into scene view causes the following error to be logged into console:
GetLocalizedString is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor, call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from script 'SpriteRendererEditor' on game object ''.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
- Create new scene
- Drop 'Sprite (2D and UI)' asset into Scene view or Hierarchy.
---> Error appears in console
Also the same error appears in console every time project is reopened and the sprite is selected.
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
- can use sprite from the attached project to repro the above sequence.
Regression from 5.3.1p2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mac] Unity Hub encounters a critical error when trying to launch it after logging out
- [XR SDK | GLES] large gpu perf regression ~3 ms
- UploadHandlerFile.contentType cannot be set and always returns "text/plain"
- [XR][URP][Shader Graph][Android] Shader graph shaders are not rendering on Android when using texture array layout (multiview)
- Cloth behaving different after upgrading to 2019.2.9 from 2018.3