Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
'GetLocalizedString is not allowed...' error in console on dropping sprite into scene
1. What happened
Dropping sprite into scene view causes the following error to be logged into console:
GetLocalizedString is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor, call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from script 'SpriteRendererEditor' on game object ''.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
- Create new scene
- Drop 'Sprite (2D and UI)' asset into Scene view or Hierarchy.
---> Error appears in console
Also the same error appears in console every time project is reopened and the sprite is selected.
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
- can use sprite from the attached project to repro the above sequence.
Regression from 5.3.1p2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Cannot change the font size of Text Mesh to zero when using a non-dynamic font
- "No valid Unity Editor license found. Please contact your adminstrator." error thrown when opening 2019.3.0a12 project
- ping.DestroyPing does not work resulting in increasing ping delay
- The cursor is visible when using CursorLockMode.Locked in the standalone build
- Shadows in Scene view are displayed one level Higher than they are set under the Light Shadow settings in the Inspector window