Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Geometry Shader crashes on editor upgrade (upgrading syntax)
Geometry shader crashes the editor when upgrading editor version (on importing the shader and upgrading syntax).
Steps to Reproduce
1.Download the attached project
2.Load in project in Unity version 5.3 or higher.
Result: The editor will crash while loading the project with the below stack trace.
========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================
0x00000001415E3D82 (Unity) memcmp
0x0000000140848815 (Unity) std::_Find<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,stl_allocator<char,65,16> > const * __ptr64,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,stl_allocator<char,65,16> > >
0x0000000140833E3A (Unity) std::_Tree_val<std::_Tset_traits<ShaderUpgradeNote,std::less<ShaderUpgradeNote>,std::allocator<ShaderUpgradeNote>,0> >::_Buynode<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,stl_allocator<char,65,16> > >
0x0000000140834CA3 (Unity) ProcessShader
0x00000001408350A2 (Unity) UpgradeOldShaderSyntax
0x0000000140771985 (Unity) std::_Pair_base<UnityStr const ,PPtr<Texture> >::_Pair_base<UnityStr const ,PPtr<Texture> ><UnityStr const & __ptr64,PPtr<Texture> & __ptr64>
0x0000000140771F8A (Unity) UpgradeShadersIfNeeded
0x0000000140BE117E (Unity) Application::InitializeProject
0x0000000140E19FEE (Unity) WinMain
0x00000001415F5CC4 (Unity) read
0x00007FF937058102 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========
Not reproducible in version:
Reproduced in version:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Feb 02, 2016 15:29
Hi - if a fix is further out, I'd really appreciate a workaround. If you can point me to how to upgrade the syntax by hand, it would be a huge help.