Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Geometry Shader crashes on editor upgrade (upgrading syntax)
Geometry shader crashes the editor when upgrading editor version (on importing the shader and upgrading syntax).
Steps to Reproduce
1.Download the attached project
2.Load in project in Unity version 5.3 or higher.
Result: The editor will crash while loading the project with the below stack trace.
========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================
0x00000001415E3D82 (Unity) memcmp
0x0000000140848815 (Unity) std::_Find<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,stl_allocator<char,65,16> > const * __ptr64,std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,stl_allocator<char,65,16> > >
0x0000000140833E3A (Unity) std::_Tree_val<std::_Tset_traits<ShaderUpgradeNote,std::less<ShaderUpgradeNote>,std::allocator<ShaderUpgradeNote>,0> >::_Buynode<std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,stl_allocator<char,65,16> > >
0x0000000140834CA3 (Unity) ProcessShader
0x00000001408350A2 (Unity) UpgradeOldShaderSyntax
0x0000000140771985 (Unity) std::_Pair_base<UnityStr const ,PPtr<Texture> >::_Pair_base<UnityStr const ,PPtr<Texture> ><UnityStr const & __ptr64,PPtr<Texture> & __ptr64>
0x0000000140771F8A (Unity) UpgradeShadersIfNeeded
0x0000000140BE117E (Unity) Application::InitializeProject
0x0000000140E19FEE (Unity) WinMain
0x00000001415F5CC4 (Unity) read
0x00007FF937058102 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========
Not reproducible in version:
Reproduced in version:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Warning says instancing will be disabled when used with static batching but it is still working and breaking result object color
- GL viewport is wrongly scaled when there's a camera which has a partial viewport
- [TestRunner] NUnit tests doesn't time out when [Timeout()] attribute is set
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted