Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.27f1, 2022.3.1f1, 2023.1.0b20, 2023.2.0a12
GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
1. Open the attached project "RenderMeshInstanced_ArgumentException"
2. Open "SampleScene"
3. Enable Deep Profile in the Profiler window
4. Enter Play mode, wait for the grass to load in the Game view
5. Select a frame in the CPU Usage module of the Profiler window
6. Sort by GC Alloc
Expected result: there is no GC Alloc
Actual result: there is 89.4 KB of GC Alloc under PlayerLoop>Update.ScriptRunBehaviourUpdate>BehaviourUpdate>GrassGPUInstancing.Update>Graphics.RenclerMeshInslanced>RenderInstancedDataLayout..ctor>Marshal.OffsetOf
Reproducible with: 2021.3.22f1, 2022.2.12f1, 2023.1.0b9, 2023.2.0a9
Could not test with: 2020.3.46f1 (compilation errors)
Reproducible on: macOS 13.2.1 (Intel), Windows 11 (user's)
Workaround: also using "if (!(t == typeof (Matrix4x4)))" for "prevObjectToWorld" and "renderingLayerMask" as it is already done for "objectToWorld"
Note: forum further discussing the issue https://forum.unity.com/threads/graphics-rendermeshinstanced-generates-gc-and-is-slower-than-graphics-drawmeshinstanced.1367628/#post-8632140
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off