Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X
GameObjects with HideFlags.DontSave raise an Error when reloading the Scene
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" in the attached "HideAndDontSave.zip" Project
2. Click on the "Spawner" GameObject
3. Right-click the "Spawner" Component in the Inspector
4. Choose "Spawn" from the Context menu and note the new "Canvas(clone)" GameObject in the Hierarchy
5. Save and reload the Scene by double-clicking on it in the Project View
Expected Behaviour: The "Canvas(clone)" GameObject is destroyed without errors
Actual Behavior: The "Canvas(clone)" GameObject is destroyed and the error is present
Reproducible with: 2017.4.27f1, 2018.4.1f1, 2019.1.4f1, 2019.2.0b4, 2019.3.0a4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy