Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.0b12, 2023.2.0a8
GameObject name does not scale and is not centered within icon
*What happened ?*
When you assign an Icon to a Game Object, it shows that icon and the object's name within the scene view. This helps with debugging and keeping track of objects.
In the affected versions of the editor, the name of the object is not centered within icon boundary. See below 'Actual Result' section for a screenshot demo.
This does not happen in : 2022.2.8f1 , 2021.3.20f1 , 2020.3.45f1
*Steps to Reproduce*
# Create an empty project, and add a GameObject to a scene.
# In the upper left of the Inspector panel of that object, assign an 'Icon' to that new object. Make sure to pick the 'capsule' style of icon in order to reproduce issue.
# Observe within the scene view, the icon is shown and the text is not centered. Repro should match the 'Actual Result' screenshot shown below.
The name of the object scales with the relative size of the icon, as the Scene camera is moved. The text is centered within the icon boundary.
_Screenshot taken from 2022.2.8f1_
The text is not scaled to fill the boundaries of the icon, and the text is not centered.
_Screenshot taken from 2023.1.0b6_
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Back Triple Camera is not focusing manually and automatically
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags