Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.0b12, 2023.2.0a8
GameObject name does not scale and is not centered within icon
*What happened ?*
When you assign an Icon to a Game Object, it shows that icon and the object's name within the scene view. This helps with debugging and keeping track of objects.
In the affected versions of the editor, the name of the object is not centered within icon boundary. See below 'Actual Result' section for a screenshot demo.
This does not happen in : 2022.2.8f1 , 2021.3.20f1 , 2020.3.45f1
*Steps to Reproduce*
# Create an empty project, and add a GameObject to a scene.
# In the upper left of the Inspector panel of that object, assign an 'Icon' to that new object. Make sure to pick the 'capsule' style of icon in order to reproduce issue.
# Observe within the scene view, the icon is shown and the text is not centered. Repro should match the 'Actual Result' screenshot shown below.
The name of the object scales with the relative size of the icon, as the Scene camera is moved. The text is centered within the icon boundary.
_Screenshot taken from 2022.2.8f1_
The text is not scaled to fill the boundaries of the icon, and the text is not centered.
_Screenshot taken from 2023.1.0b6_
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- “VideoPlayer.DecodeNextFrame” continues decoding in Profiler when the Video Clip has finished playing
- The Update function is not called in WebGL when the browser is minimized
- [Linux] Unity Editor fails to import the project in batch mode when building on the Linux VM environment
- No available method to copy the names of Matching Selectors when using UI Builder
- Inspector freezes and "NullReferenceException" errors are thrown when "Edit Glyph" button is clicked