Search Issue Tracker
GameObject.Find() returns wrong value when GameObject name is the same as existing Hierarchy path
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project ("UnityFindbug.zip") and open SampleScene
2. Enter PlayMode
3. In Game view click on the top left button.
Expected result: GameObject.Find() method returns requested GO
Actual result: GameObject.Find() returns last object from the string used in method
Reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.7f1, 2019.2.3f1, 2019.3.0b1, 2020.1.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Resolution Note (2020.1.X):
This is legacy behavior and by design. We recommend that users give their game objects unique names to avoid this issue.