Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Integer variables of a Compute Shader show up as Floats in the Frame Debugger
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "case_1345758" project
2. Open the "ComputeUAVTexFlow" Scene
3. Go "Window -> Analysis -> Frame Debugger"
4. In the Frame Debugger window click on Enable
5. Enter the Play Mode
6. Repeat the 3rd step
7. Select the "Compute Shader"
8. Observe Floats values
Expected results: The "_Size" value is an Integer hence not displayed under the Floats field
Actual results: The "_Size" value is a Float and displayed under the Floats field
Reproducible with: 2019.4.31f1, 2020.3.19f1, 2021.1.23f1, 2021.2.0b15, 2022.1.0a10
Note: The 3rd step is repeated because the information is not displayed about an Event if the Frame Debugger hasn't been enabled once before entering the Play Mode
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Incorrect Burst Exception Control Flow in Editor due to Mono Handling of calli instruction
- [Linux] Packman options to add package from Git URL doesn't always show the window directly below the + button
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants