Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
FP32 is used for a temporary variable when compiling a shader
1. Create a new project
2. Import the attached "NewUnlitShader.shader" Shader
3. Select the "NewUnlitShader.shader" Shader
4. In the Inspector view click on the "Compile and show code" button
5. In the opened Code Editor scroll down
6. Observe the variable to which any "texture" call is assigned
Expected result: The variable name is "u_xlat16_N"
Actual result: The variable name is "u_xlat0"
Reproducible with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.5f1, 2022.1.0a16
- Couldn't test with Vulkan and Direct3D11 Graphics APIs (the script doesn't have variables "u_xlat16_N" or "u_xlat0")
- Reproduced with OpenGLCore and OpenGLes3 Graphics APIs
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up