Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
FP32 is used for a temporary variable when compiling a shader
1. Create a new project
2. Import the attached "NewUnlitShader.shader" Shader
3. Select the "NewUnlitShader.shader" Shader
4. In the Inspector view click on the "Compile and show code" button
5. In the opened Code Editor scroll down
6. Observe the variable to which any "texture" call is assigned
Expected result: The variable name is "u_xlat16_N"
Actual result: The variable name is "u_xlat0"
Reproducible with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.5f1, 2022.1.0a16
- Couldn't test with Vulkan and Direct3D11 Graphics APIs (the script doesn't have variables "u_xlat16_N" or "u_xlat0")
- Reproduced with OpenGLCore and OpenGLes3 Graphics APIs
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform