Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
FP32 is used for a temporary variable when compiling a shader
1. Create a new project
2. Import the attached "NewUnlitShader.shader" Shader
3. Select the "NewUnlitShader.shader" Shader
4. In the Inspector view click on the "Compile and show code" button
5. In the opened Code Editor scroll down
6. Observe the variable to which any "texture" call is assigned
Expected result: The variable name is "u_xlat16_N"
Actual result: The variable name is "u_xlat0"
Reproducible with: 2019.4.33f1, 2020.3.24f1, 2021.2.5f1, 2022.1.0a16
- Couldn't test with Vulkan and Direct3D11 Graphics APIs (the script doesn't have variables "u_xlat16_N" or "u_xlat0")
- Reproduced with OpenGLCore and OpenGLes3 Graphics APIs
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- IL2CPP Player crashes when there aren't enough Thread Static Slots
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
HLSLcc had overly conservative register usage checks that prevented propagating sampler precision to their respective output temps. Fix incoming.
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in 2022.1.0b15
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.19f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.34f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.39f1