Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
[Presets] FormerlySerializedAs Field does not keep the last value after commenting Initial Variable when Script is on Preset
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "FormerlySerializedAsTest.zip" Project
2. Set the "Test Float" variable to 100
3. Go to edit "TestScript.cs"
4. Uncomment lines 8, 9 and comment line 7
5. Save the Script and Observe the value in the Editor
Expected Behaviour: The value is saved even though the initial Variable is commented
Actual Behaviour: The value is reset to 0
Reproducible with: 2018.4.3f1, 2019.1.7f1, 2019.2.0b6, 2019.3.0a6
Note: The Behaviour does not reproduce when you do the same steps on the GameObject in the Scene. Could not test with 2017.4 because there were no presets.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nodes in the Vertex block are deleted when the edge connected to the Node is deleted
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- Errors are thrown and Sub Emitter is not reparented when trying to reparent Sub Emitters of Prefabs