Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
Fixed in 2019.1, 2019.2
Duplicate in 2018.4
Exiting the Update method with debugger after async/await Task.Run(method) is called will cause Unity to crash
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "AsyncCrashReproProject.zip" and scene "AsyncRepro"
2. Open Visual Studio and attach the Unity Editor for debugging
3. In Visual Studio, place a breakpoint on line 75 (on int a = 1) and uncomment line 46
4. In Unity Editor, enter Play mode
5. In Visual Studio, press "Step Out" button multiple times (shortcut is F10)
6. Observe Unity Editor
Expected result: the Editor is debugged without any casualties
Actual result: the Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0b2, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.2f1, 2019.2.0b2, 2019.3.0a2
Not reproducible with: 2018.2.0a1, 2018.2.21f1
Could not test with: 2017.4.27f1, 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.0b1 (Visual Studio does not find coresponding location, unable to debug)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'