Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2, 2019.3
EventSystem GameObject is not created when creating a UI GameObject and EventSystem is saved as a Prefab
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project or open an existing one
2. Create any UI GameObject
3. Save the automatically created EventSystem GameObject as a Prefab
4. Delete the Canvas GameObject and the EventSystem GameObject
5. Create a new UI GameObject
Expected result: EventSystem GameObject is automatically created
Actual result: EventSystem GameObject is not created
Reproducible with: 2018.3.0a6, 2018.4.13f1, 2019.2.14f1, 2019.3.0f1, 2020.1.0a15
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.3.0a5
Reopening the project and creating a new UI GameObject will work as expected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Awake is called in a different order when IProcessSceneWithReport.OnProcessScene() is called in the Editor and the Build
- LightEvent.AfterShadowMap CommandBuffer events are not being called when race condition occurs
- GUI Items are not found and highlighted when using Highligher.Highlight() method
- Opening a nested Prefab consisting of two prefabs results in a corrupted and broken prefab which becomes a Prefab variant.
- Visual C# Compiler fails to locate assembly if response file compiler argument path contains spaces