Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X
Errors when modifying the value of the 'Scripting Define Symbols' field in the Project settings
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Select 'Edit' > 'Project Settings' > 'Player'
3. Expand 'Other Settings'
4. Remove the 'STEAM_BUILD' value from the 'Scripting Define Symbols' field and press 'Enter'
5. Add back the 'STEAM_BUILD' value to the 'Scripting Define Symbols' field and press 'Enter'
Expected result: No visible errors present
Actual result: 'The name 'Steamworks' does not exist in the current context' error is thrown in the Console
Reproducible with: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.12f1, 2020.1.0a21
Not reproducible with: 2020.1.0a22, 2020.1.9f1, 2020.2.0b7, 2021.1.0a1
- after restarting the Unity Editor there are no errors present
- in 2018.4.28f1 the error changes to 'The type 'SteamClient' exists in both 'Facepunch.Steamworks.Posix'. The same error is thrown after upgrading the project to 2019.4 and later streams if it has been downgraded to 2018.4 before
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2020.3] Play Mode has visual artifacts when Graphics API is set to DirectX12 with Dynamic Resolution enabled
- White texture appears when setting “RenderTextureFormat.Depth” to “RenderTexture” on the Camera
- Cursor is visible when using “Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked” and “Cursor.visible = false”
- Material.SetOverrideTag setting LightMode tag has no effect
- Decal is not rendered when in Camera component Culling Mask dropdown field Default is unselected