Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Errors occur in the Play mode when there is an empty collection of a type containing a Serialized Reference object
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "case_1215642-SerializeReference"
2. Open the Scene "SampleScene"
3. Press the Play button
4. Observe the results in the Console window
Expected results: there are no errors in the Console window
Actual results: errors occur in the Console window such as "A scripted class has a different serialization layout when loading." and "A scripted object (probably Game.TestScript?) has a different serialization layout when loading."
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0f2, 2019.3.0f6, 2020.1.0a15, 2020.1.0a22
Not reproducible with: 2019.3.0f1, 2020.1.0a14
Could not test with: 2017.4, 2018.4, 2019.2, 2019.3.0a12 because " 'SerializeReference' is inaccessible due to its protection level
The issue occurs if you have an empty collection of a type containing an array of with an element type containing itself a Serialized Reference.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- [iOS] Canvas does not change when enabled in OnApplicationFocus/OnApplicationPause events