Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Errors are thrown and Sub Emitter is not reparented when trying to reparent Sub Emitters of Prefabs
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1306311_Repro" project
2. Open the "NewTest" Scene
3. In the Hierarchy select the "NewA" GameObject
4. In the Inspector expand the "Sub Emitters" section found in the Particle System Component
5. Change the current Sub Emitter to "SubB" by dragging the "SubB" (child of the "NewB" GameObject) GameObject onto the Sub Emitter GameObject field
6. When asked to re-parent select "Yes, reparent"
Expected results: The Sub Emitter is re-parented successfully, no errors are thrown in the Console when entering the Play Mode
Actual results: The Sub Emitter is not re-parented, the "Sub-emitters must be children of the system that spawns them" error is thrown in the Play Mode
Reproducible with: 2018.4.31f1, 2019.4.18f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0a19
Could not test with: 2020.2.0a20, 2020.2.2f1, 2021.1.0b3, 2021.2.0a2 because the Editor froze when trying to reparent Sub Emitter
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy