Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Errors are thrown and Sub Emitter is not reparented when trying to reparent Sub Emitters of Prefabs
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1306311_Repro" project
2. Open the "NewTest" Scene
3. In the Hierarchy select the "NewA" GameObject
4. In the Inspector expand the "Sub Emitters" section found in the Particle System Component
5. Change the current Sub Emitter to "SubB" by dragging the "SubB" (child of the "NewB" GameObject) GameObject onto the Sub Emitter GameObject field
6. When asked to re-parent select "Yes, reparent"
Expected results: The Sub Emitter is re-parented successfully, no errors are thrown in the Console when entering the Play Mode
Actual results: The Sub Emitter is not re-parented, the "Sub-emitters must be children of the system that spawns them" error is thrown in the Play Mode
Reproducible with: 2018.4.31f1, 2019.4.18f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0a19
Could not test with: 2020.2.0a20, 2020.2.2f1, 2021.1.0b3, 2021.2.0a2 because the Editor froze when trying to reparent Sub Emitter
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform